Follow by Email

top

Search This Blog

Actor karthi,karthi pictures,karthik shivakumar

Sunday, June 10, 2012


Karthik Sivakumar on 25 May 1977, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

Karthi was born to Sivakumar and his wife Lakshmi. Sivakumar is a veteran Tamil actor who has appeared in approximately 200 films. He has two siblings; an elder brother, Suriya, also a leading actor in the Tamil film industry, and a younger sister named Brindha. Former leading Tamil film actress, Jyothika Sadanah is Karthi's sister–in–law. Karthi married Ranjani Chinnasamy, who graduated with a Masters degree in English literature from Stella Maris College, Chennai.


Karthi donated blood, donated bicycles to handicapped people, sewing machines to women and schoolbags to children. He presented a cheque of  50,000 to YRG Care Centre, which helps AIDS affected children. Karthi became a cause ambassador for promoting awareness of lysosomal storage disease.

He had also adopted a white tiger cub at Vandalur Zoo and contributed  72,000 to protect and preserve the animal. Karthi visits orphanages and donates funds to them.He told Indiaglitz; "When I see people in need, I make sure I go and help. If I am going on birthdays to reach out to kids in orphanages, it is for my own satisfaction. I feel happier to be with them and it's nice to make them smile on that particular day." he signed a contract with Bharti Airtel to become its brand ambassador in South India and appear in its "Indraikku enna plan" advertising campaign.














Education-
•    Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan.
•    St. Bede's Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School.
•    Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from the Crescent Engineering College.
•    He worked as an Engineering consultant in Chennai and considered higher studies abroad.
•    Scholarship for his higher studies in the United States, and enrolled at Binghamton University, New York, where he earned his Masters of Science in Industrial Engineering.
•    He also attended lectures on filmmaking.
•    He worked part–time as a graphic designer in New York for a short period, then decided to pursue a career in film–making.
•    Two courses in basic film–making at State University of New York before entering films.







"I always knew I wanted to be in films but I did not know exactly what I wanted to do. I loved movies and watched a lot of them. But my father insisted that I get a good education before I joined the film industry".




"I always knew I wanted to be in films but I did not know exactly what I wanted to do. I loved movies and watched a lot of them. But my father insisted that I get a good education before I joined the film industry".






Film-
Mani Ratnam, who offered him the role of Arjun (later played by Siddharth) in the film Aayutha Ezhuthu.
He declined the offer and worked as an assistant director on the same film and its Hindi version Yuva because he wanted to become a film director and preferred directing to acting. He continued to receive acting offers and his father convinced him to take up acting, telling him " ... one can always direct films but one will not get a chance to act once you grow older".

Ameer Sultan approached him to play the titular character in the film Paruthiveeran and He accepted the offer because the film was " ... so compelling".The film was released in July 2005 and experienced financial difficulties,and was almost abandoned by mid–2006. It was released in January 2007, opened to critical acclaim and became commercially successful.
Karthi received several accolades for his performance, including the Filmfare Award for Best Actor in Tamil.



Break after Paruthiveeran
•    Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam.
•    fantasy adventure called Aayirathil Oruvan with Karthi in the lead role.
•    the lead character in Linguswamy's next film, Paiyaa.
•    Karthi's third 2010 film was Suseenthiran's thriller Naan Mahaan Alla.
•    Karthi's next film was the action–masala film Siruthai (2011), a remake of the 2006 Telugu film Vikramarkudu.
•    film titled Alex Pandian.
•    acting in All in All Azhagu Raja.
•    acting in Biriyani.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you know any interesting issue or information about the actress or actor. please give detail information in the comment area. If that is really good, we will add it to original blog post..

low