Follow by Email

top

Search This Blog

Kannada radhika pandith , Actress radhika pandit

Tuesday, July 26, 2011




















"I never wanted to be an actress," says Radhika Pandith
Radhika could be a good actor and persuaded Radhika to meet director Ashok Kashyap who offered her the character of Nanda in his serial without an audition. That was Radhika's first step into the world of greasepaint. The year was 2007 and she was doing BCom at Mount Carmel college.In four years, Radhika has carved a niche for herself in Sandalwood for her emotive acting and dialogue delivery.  

Radhika bagged her first movie 'Moggina Masanu' in 2007. Her portrayal of Chanchala won her the first Filmfare award. Producer E Krishnappa and director Shashank were looking for new faces. Both invited me for an audition. I was selected without any problem for a challenging role. I proved my ability as an actress when I won the first Filmfare award," says Radhika, who this year bagged her third consecutive Black Lady trophy.

 
I was choosy. I prefer performance-oriented roles where I can prove my acting ability. I discuss scripts with my parents and take a decision. Believe me, I have rejected more movies than I have accepted."

Director Nagathihalli Chandrasekhar offered her a role in his 'Olave Jeevana Lekkachara.' It was followed by 'Love Guru, 'Krishnan Love Story' 'Gana Bajana' and 'Hudugru,' all hits in one way or the other. 

Radhika bagged her second Filmfare award for 'Love Guru' and followed it with third for 'Krishnan Love Story' earning the sobriquet 'Hat-trick Queen.'  

A resident of Malleswaram, Radhika was born into a traditional family of Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmins. Her father D P Krishnaprasad worked for an insurance company and mother Mangala from Goa is a homemaker. I did my schooling from Cluny convent and degree (BCom) in Mount Carmel," says the actress who admits to having been a quiet student.

I was teachers' pet in school. They were very strict. But I had a group of friends like Srija, Roselind and Rachana Mohan who sat on the second bench. We studied together for exams. I topped in English and social studies for my school in 10th std," says she. 

Radhika remembers her college teacher Mary Fernandes who treated students like her own children. She was the best-dressed teacher and took care of our needs." Radhika, calls the years at Mount Carmel "my golden days." "We used to bunk classes and go to M G Road, watch movies in Rex or Shankar Nag theatre, shop and eat chat on Brigade Road. I can never forget those days. My Kavya, Divya, Siram, Srividya and I used to always hangout in a group," she says. Being an active member of the college dance troupe, Radhika had no problem with attendance. She recalls Joe madam, HOD of commerce department, as being her favourite lecturer.

Loafers Street, a small lane opposite the college, was a favourite hangout. They called it Loafers Street because youngsters from other places would come there for coffee and chats. The road is always abuzz with the young."The actress has fond memories of her childhood in Malleswaram. Our house is over 50 years old and has a huge garden. There are lots of trees in the garden. Climbing trees and plucking fruits mangoes or gooseberry was common. I enjoyed playing cricket, badminton, kunta bille, lagori and hide-and-seek on the road." And of course they went through experiences like breaking glasspanes of neighbours houses and being pulled up by parents.

Filmfare Awards South
  • 2008: Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Kannada - Moggina Manasu
  • 2009: Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Kannada - Love Guru
  • 2010: Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Kannada - Krishnan Love Story
Innovative Film Awards
  • 2009: Innovative Film Award for Best Actress - Olave Jeevana Lekkachaara
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you know any interesting issue or information about the actress or actor. please give detail information in the comment area. If that is really good, we will add it to original blog post..

low