Radcliffe was cast as Harry at the age of eleven.
From 2001 to 2010, he starred in seven Harry Potter films alongside Rupert Grint and Emma Watson; he will return for the final installment: the second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2011). Radcliffe's work on the Harry Potter series has earned him several awards and more than £60 million.
As his acting career began to consume his schedule, Radcliffe continued his education through on-set tutors. The actor admitted he was not very good at school, considered it useless, and found the work to be "really, really difficult."
Radcliffe said it was people just trying to "have a crack at the kid that plays Harry Potter" rather than jealousy.
Career in Harry potter:-
the best-selling book by British author J.K. Rowling.The author had been searching for an unknown British actor to personify the character. However, Radcliffe's parents did not want him to audition for the role as the contract required shooting all seven films in Los Angeles, California, so they did not tell him.
- Once the movie's director Chris Columbus saw a video of the young actor in David Copperfield, he recalled thinking, "This is what I want. This is Harry Potter".
- Eight months later, after several auditions, he was selected to play the part.
- Warner Bros offered him a two-movie contract, with shooting in the UK, and assured his parents he would be protected.the first movie he earned billion amount of salary .
- The film broke records for opening-day sales and opening-weekend takings and became the highest-grossing film of 2001. With a total of US$974 million in ticket sales, Philosopher's Stone stands as the most commercially successful in the series.
On 15 July 2009, the series's sixth installment, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, was released. It centers around Harry discovering an old book belonging to the Half-Blood Prince and beginning to learn more about Lord Voldemort's past.
The film did considerably better than the previous movie, breaking the then-record for biggest midnight US showings, with US$22.2 million at 3,000 theatersand with US$7 million, giving the UK its biggest Wednesday ever.In its total run, Half-Blood Prince totaled in US$933 million ticket sales.
- "[It is] very doubtful. I think 10 years is a long time to spend with one character."
- Radcliffe was in a relationship with Laura O'Toole, an understudy for one of his co-stars in a play. Following the break-up, they remained friends.
- "very proud of being Jewish."
- he suffers from a mild form of the neurological disorder dyspraxia.
- "I was having a hard time at school, in terms of being crap at everything, with no discernible talent,".
- He is a fan of underground and punk rock music,and is a keen follower of cricket.
- Writing short stories and poetry is also a passion.
- "I have always hated anybody who is not tolerant of gay men or lesbians or bisexuals. Now I am in the very fortunate position where I can actually help or do something about it,"
- After being cast as Harry Potter: "I think I'm a tiny bit like Harry 'cos I'd like to have an owl. Yeah, that's the tiny bit, actually."
- On considering himself as a heartthrob: "Personally I can't see it, but if other people can, fine. Cool!"
- I would consider doing any part as long as the script is good and the film has an interesting director.
- "I like them, but it's hard to concentrate when the bats fly about, and they pee while they fly."
- 'We can have a crack at the kid who plays Harry Potter.' As Eddie Izzard says, these people always hang about in fives, because people these have a fifth of a personality each.
His net worth at £30m, making him the 12th richest young person in the UK. According to the publication, he is expected to have amassed £70m by the time the series of movies concludes.Radcliffe was considered to be the richest teenager in England as of June 2009.In February 2010, he was named the sixth highest paid Hollywood male starand placed at number five on Forbes's December list of Hollywood's highest-grossing actors, with the revenue of US$780 million thanks to one movie released that year:
Radcliffe Can rotate his arm 360 degrees.
Tried reading the first Harry Potter book when he was 8 years old, but was unable to finish it. Finally read the entire book when he was cast in the lead role of the film.
Favorite actors include Aishwarya Rai, Christina Ricci, Cameron Diaz, Scarlett Johansson and Ben Stiller.